Based on Chromium OS amd64-generic.
The basic instruction and source code can be referred from http://dev.chromium.org/chromium-os
Difference between Chromium OS
Chromium OS is designed and developed for Chrome OS and Chromebook, and is hard to be used on general PCs.
Wayne OS is modified and improved from Chromium OS for general PCs including HW compatibility, USB-STORAGE partition, etc.
- FREE: Individual, school, company, manufacturer, organization, anybody can use/modify/distribute Wayne OS without payment.
- SAFE: No need to worry about Virus.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: No slowing down (It doesn’t mean that Wayne OS is fast for every PC as speed depends on HW).
- PORTABLE, Dual-Boot: Different from Chromium OS or many Linux affiliate OS that the installed USB can’t be used as a removable storage, the USB with Wayne OS installed can be used as an OS booting & a removable storage as Wayne OS adopted improved live USB technology (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_USB), which is a patent property, and is allowed for Wayne OS user/developer.
- CUSTOMIZABLE: You can change Wayne OS BI (splash screen, logo) to your personal/organization/company BI for your business.
- VERIFIED: Based on Chromium OS which is widely known open source OS, Wayne OS that is released every quarters can be an alternative to Chromium OS.
– Need internet connection as Wayne OS is a web browser focused OS that is similar with Chromium/Chrome OS.
– Cannot install/execute Windows native applications.
– Doesn’t support Google property service such as Play Store, Chrome Sync.