We (Wayne Inc.) modify kernel, update device drivers and firmwares from upstream Chromium OS, however the HW compatibility is not as compatible as MS Windows since Linux/Chromium-OS kernel/firmware doesn’t support some devices perfectly and we also face difficulties to test a lot of devices.
We apologize to users about this issue and we will try our best to improve this.
- Cannot find Wi-Fi, or cannot connect to Wi-Fi: common Wireless LAN issue
- Cannot see the initial setup screen in booting process, but can switch to console mode: GPU issue in high probability
- If you are an optimist, report working/non-working device model to the HW compatibility or community, then relax and wait until it is fixed in Wayne OS or upstream Chromium OS
- Or plug in a wireless LAN adapter that works or exists in the HW compatibility list on the PC (Some of our customers are actually using this solution on the industry field)
Screen freeze in booting process
Cannot see initial screen in booting process or after PC installation.
- Try to press Enter key
- Try to switch to console mode then comeback to GUI mode again. Refer using_shell document.
Ethernet with static IP
If ethernet (LAN) cable is connected, OS expects DHCP IP automatically.
However if you use static IP, you have to configure it manually.
Ethernet with static IP is not working, despite manual static IP configuration in GUI.
After static IP configuration, plug off the ethernet cable, then connect it again.
USB flash drive’s quality
A USB flash drive (or a removable flash disk) consists of Flash memory and Controller like SSD, However many USB flash drives Flash memory and Controller performance/quality is worse than SSD due to their original purpose is to store temporary files, so the product cost is cheaper than SSD.
- Read/write corruption (failure of OS installation to a USB flash drive or a local disk in PC)
- Lag of OS
- A USB flash drive becomes hotter than the others
Select a decent USB flash drive (with nice controller or SLC/MLC flash memory or fast read/write speed) to use OS on it.
Logitech Unifying for Chrome extension might cause Wi-Fi doesn’t work in OS.